Tips For Preventing Car Lockout Situations
Car lockouts are one of the top ten most frustrating situations that almost everyone goes through at some point in their life. These simple tips can help prevent car lockouts from happening to you.
Why Do Car Lockout Situations Happen To Begin With?
There are so many reasons why you may have gotten locked out of your car, and our automobile locksmith technicians have heard it all. From periodical vehicle locking system malfunctions, to the ever so common “I locked my keys in my car” situations. Additionally, people often call us when they can’t find their car keys, or they find their key jammed in car ignition.
It takes just one distracted minute to get locked out of your vehicle.
Unfortunately, it takes a minimum of half an hour to an hour for a professional automobile locksmith to resolve the situation and get you back inside your car; and that’s being generous!
10 Tips to Help You Prevent Car Lockouts
- Make Some Noise– Attach jingly and noisy key chain accessories to your key bunch so you can hear your keys should they fall out of your pocket or purse and onto the floor.
- Create Good Habits– By establishing daily routines; you can make a habit out of checking to make sure your car keys are on your person before leaving home each day.
- Make a Duplicate Car Key– This is a service that our locksmith professionals can assist you with. We can help you make a duplicate car key to leave inside you home, with a neighbor, friend, nearby family member, or a secret hiding place on your property.
- Change Your Car Lock– Perhaps install car locks that can be opened from your cell phone, as this will insure that you always have your key on hand.
- Test Your Keys– Regularly check to make sure that your electronic keys fobs are working properly; this can help prevent emergency locksmith situations from coming up.
- Get Replacement Car Keys– Be sure to replace faulty or malfunctioning car keys as soon as possible.
- Save Our Number– 0998 582-3718 Keep Authorized Locksmiths contact details accessible at all times, so that you don’t need to wait around for help to arrive and get you out of your lockout situation right away.
- Keep it in a Designated Place– Once you get home at the end of the day, make sure to keep your car key in an accessible place where you will remember that you left it before stepping out the house the next day.
- Keep a Spare on Hand– Keeping a spare key in your purse, workbag, or backpack will ensure that you have an extra key on hand in the event that you forget or misplace your main car key.
- Stay Connected to Your Car Keys– This tip is intended to be taken literally. We recommend that you carry your keys on a karabiner belt loop or other type of extendable keychain that connects to your purse. After all, if your keys are attached to your person, forgetting them is nearly impossible!
Are Car Lockouts Avoidable?
While some lockout situations are inevitable and there is little that can be done to prevent them from occurring, other car lockouts are completely avoidable once the right habits and practices are put into place.
As stressful as a car lockout situation might be, it is important to remember that help is just a phone call away. We provide emergency car lockout services and can help you out in your time of need.